A First, try to understand more fully why your rewards pose a threat. A good HR manager should explain the potential liability the company faces or cite an attorney’s opinion that inconsistencies in doling out rewards can lead to legal trouble. However, if all you hear is “That’s our policy” without any evidence to back it up, enlist your boss’ support. Maybe you can agree to persuade HR to change its policy—or simply ignore the policy if your unit continues to excel.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Document timing of employee complaints
- The pendulum swings back: More courts hesitate to interfere with minor job changes
- 8 steps to being an effective witness in court, depositions
- How to manage pay-for-Performance in today's harsh new business environment