A No. Appeal to the head of info systems by couching your request in bottom-line terms. Explain how you’ll use the information and why it’s in everyone’s interest to collect and study it. If that fails, ask your boss if you can hire a consultant to get you what you need. Sometimes just the threat of hiring an outsider to do what insiders should know how to do can arouse otherwise stubborn or standoffish colleagues to deliver.
- Don't reject convicted felons unless you have legitimate business reason
- College degree doesn't automatically make applicant the better qualified candidate
- Revisit severance pay as a recruiting tool
- Looking for a 'younger' worker you can 'groom'?
- Firing harasser is necessary, even if long-ago age comment could spark lawsuit