A Don’t micromanage the length of smokers’ breaks. Instead, hold each employee accountable for a certain amount of work. Give poor monthly to those who don’t pull their weight. The smokers who take overly long breaks soon will realize they must ramp up their production or lag further behind and get increasingly negative performance reviews. Also, set up a wellness incentive program for all employees—smokers and nonsmokers alike. Smokers can receive awards for quitting and nonsmokers can earn awards for, say, exercising at a gym regularly.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Beware last-ditch efforts to claim FMLA leave
- Drug testing: Minimize lawsuit risk with smart policy
- How to head off race bias lawsuits: Have the hiring manager also handle firing
- Straight talk, business reasons help shoot down bias lawsuit