A It’s possible that turning down the promotion hurt management’s opinion of you. When you reject a promotion, it raises red flags. You may cause management to look askance at you from here on in. After all, you’ve suddenly attached a stigma to yourself as someone who rejected what management probably viewed as a sensible, even enlightened promotion. You’ve also possibly jeopardized their perception of you as a team player.
Request a meeting to clear the air. During the acquisition, ask to be included in meetings. Participate in the process and remind management of your value and insights.
- Use hotline to receive employee complaints, prove when litigation clock started ticking
- The HR I.Q. Test: January '15
- Policy alone isn't enough: Take the next steps to stamp out harassment
- Don't marginalize harassing behavior--you could trigger constructive discharge suit
- Supreme Court's Ledbetter decision could affect your pay policies