Give snappy introductions. When you’re asked to introduce a guest speaker to a group, distribute the person’s full written bio in advance. That way, you can limit your intro to two or three sentences and direct the audience to the handout for more on the speaker’s background.
Start meetings punctually. Begin at the announced time. If you wait 10 minutes for stragglers to trickle in, you’ll wind up with more stragglers next time who figure they can come late. And don’t repeat what you’ve covered. Force late-comers to catch up on their own.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Defining the quality manager
- Using Independent Contractors? Here's how to make the call
- Look beyond employee's VA disability status to determine if he's disabled under ADA or state law
- Creating a drug-free workplace: How to draft a policy, conduct legal tests