A: That’s one solution. Here’s another: During interviews, briefly tell the story of what your boss told this hiring manager. Say, “You should know that if you call my boss for a reference, she may threaten you!” Smile and explain that your boss behaves this way because she doesn’t want to lose you. You have a third option: Leave this boss off your reference list.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Firing employee? Require the presence of at least 2 managers during discharge meeting
- More employers try to regulate employees' off-Duty behavior
- National Guardswoman fights for promotion and wins
- Workers' comp law: How to keep costs, compliance in check