A: That’s one solution. Here’s another: During interviews, briefly tell the story of what your boss told this hiring manager. Say, “You should know that if you call my boss for a reference, she may threaten you!” Smile and explain that your boss behaves this way because she doesn’t want to lose you. You have a third option: Leave this boss off your reference list.
- Allstate hands over $4.5 million to settle age bias claims
- State Regulations vs. IRS Rules
- When worried about religious accommodation, keep lines of communication open
- Gather essential hiring records: Interviewers should take notes, HR should collect them
- Melee in Medway: The Rough-and-Tumble World of Buckeye Banking