A: That’s one solution. Here’s another: During interviews, briefly tell the story of what your boss told this hiring manager. Say, “You should know that if you call my boss for a reference, she may threaten you!” Smile and explain that your boss behaves this way because she doesn’t want to lose you. You have a third option: Leave this boss off your reference list.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 30 great interview questions to identify candidates' soft skills
- What will you decide: keep or drop employee health benefits?
- Video résumés failing to catch on: Ahead of their time, or too hot to handle?
- California Fair Employment and Housing Act