A Ask why they don’t think these are such hot ideas. They might regard your proposals as small potatoes or long-term money pits. If you keep banging your drum without trying to understand what’s going on, you’ll end up looking naïve or worse.
On the other hand, if the bosses tell you the idea is terrific, ask, “How can I help carry it out?”
- Shift into slower gear at times to become more productive
- Tax-free and scandal-free: 5 investments for those who are leery of mutual funds
- Long-time Caterpillar workers lose retiree medical benefits
- Management 101: Five legal lessons your supervisors must learn
- Sometimes, employees just need thick skins—co-worker snubs aren't retaliation