Shaw left comedy for a “regular” job when he and his wife became parents. He joined Pilot in 1975, when sales totaled $2 million. Under his , sales have increased steadily to $200 million this year.
WS: You write that you never disregard physical appearance in hiring. Is that a reliable way to hire top people?
Shaw: I’m not talking about whether someone’s handsome or svelte. I want to hire and promote people who take pride in how they look. Listen, I’m not exceptionally thin. I’ve got a paunch. But I do what I can to look neat and pressed and clean. You have to have a look of success about...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- North Dakota first in 2014 job creation, riding oil boom
- Give away power to spur your team
- Employee never applied for promotion? That makes suing you much more difficult
- DOL's advice: Think twice before using interns as free labor