A: Forget about it. Outside of some wasted time, no harm was done. And you learned a lesson: Never trust a headhunter who dangles specifics such as pay and benefits. The only person in a position to discuss compensation is the one who’s hiring. The best executive search consultants will not recruit you for the wrong job just to satisfy their client.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Look for hiring trends that could signal bias—you might just avoid a huge jury award
- Online applications shouldn't reveal race to hiring boss
- Perks persist in high-tech markets
- When worried about religious accommodation, keep lines of communication open