A: Forget about it. Outside of some wasted time, no harm was done. And you learned a lesson: Never trust a headhunter who dangles specifics such as pay and benefits. The only person in a position to discuss compensation is the one who’s hiring. The best executive search consultants will not recruit you for the wrong job just to satisfy their client.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Transportation Companies Face New Drug-Testing Requirements, Starting on Aug. 25
- What's your responsibility under the new Georgia immigration law?
- Sorting through résumés? Make criteria clear
- Don't consider pending lawsuits when making hiring decisions