Example: In a survey of 100 high-tech firms by Advanced-HR Inc.of Saratoga, Calif., 18 percent said they often offer hiring bonuses and 65 percent said they do it sometimes.
As a rule, check with recent hires about signing bonuses before accepting a job offer.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Ensure doctors are fully credentialed for workers' comp duty
- Balance Staffing blindsided by recruiter's ADA lawsuit
- What issues most concern working women?
- Spell out FMLA intermittent leave timing in handbook—or risk a million-dollar mistake