Example: In a survey of 100 high-tech firms by Advanced-HR Inc.of Saratoga, Calif., 18 percent said they often offer hiring bonuses and 65 percent said they do it sometimes.
As a rule, check with recent hires about signing bonuses before accepting a job offer.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Insist that managers conduct interviews--even if they already 'know' who's best for the job
- Seek managers' help when planning for future staffing
- Should you ask applicants about expunged criminal record?
- Carefully track every accommodation request