Example: In a survey of 100 high-tech firms by Advanced-HR Inc.of Saratoga, Calif., 18 percent said they often offer hiring bonuses and 65 percent said they do it sometimes.
As a rule, check with recent hires about signing bonuses before accepting a job offer.
- Beauty Smart settles after rejecting non-Korean applicant
- HR as mobsters: Supreme Court lets workers use organized-Crime law to sue their employers
- Creating a social media policy: 7 key questions to answer
- Monitor hiring process for subtle 'name discrimination'
- Leave 'overqualified' out of hiring lexicon