Example: In a survey of 100 high-tech firms by Advanced-HR Inc.of Saratoga, Calif., 18 percent said they often offer hiring bonuses and 65 percent said they do it sometimes.
As a rule, check with recent hires about signing bonuses before accepting a job offer.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- You'll need a calendar and a calculator: Track past service to check FMLA eligibility
- Employees going to college? Help with tuition, career path
- Seek managers' help when planning for future staffing
- Terminations: 5 Tips for Avoiding Lawsuits