Example: In a survey of 100 high-tech firms by Advanced-HR Inc.of Saratoga, Calif., 18 percent said they often offer hiring bonuses and 65 percent said they do it sometimes.
As a rule, check with recent hires about signing bonuses before accepting a job offer.
- Employee representing himself? Take it just as seriously as any other lawsuit
- Firing OK for breaking no-dating policy?
- Most employers are finished with recession-related cuts
- Does this person have a case? We withdrew an offer after she quit her old job and moved
- Obama's agenda: 5 ideas to alter small biz