A Find a solution with your coworker. Maybe she would agree to bring in her baby during hours when you’re not at your desk. Or maybe she could work in another cubicle when the baby’s along. Perhaps you could set up a temporary wall to help absorb the noise and increase your privacy. Or try headphones. If there’s no way to work together on this, there’s nothing wrong with asking your boss or HR to help.
- Don't embellish pay and perks to lure candidates; it will backfire
- Track discipline in a way that allows easy recall
- Sometimes it's not what you do, but how you do it
- Lawsuit-proof your firing decisions: Have those who hire or promote also do the firing
- Tough attendance policy? Careful when calling 'Strike three'