With competition for customers and clients keener than ever, your productrelated presentations can make or break sales. Close the deal by sharpening your pitch with the methods of Apple Computer co-founder Steve Jobs, a widely acknowledged master of presentations.
While Jobs sells technology, you can use the same techniques to gain customers for practically any product or service.
1. Tell a story. Jobs recently started a presentation with “Like every classic story, I’ve divided it into three acts.” Act I featured the new iMac. Act II introduced the new iPod. Act III centered on the new iTunes.
2. Explain how customers benefit. Don’t bombard listeners with numbers. Instead of spouting facts about gigabytes and pixels, Jobs provides easily understood data that illustrates how products make life easier. Example: Jobs explained that the new iPod can hold 75 hours of video.
3. Use simple and colorful visuals. Tie visuals seamlessly to the script so that they’re two parts of the same message. Many presentations consist mostly of black-and-white text and numerous bullet points. Such graphics eventually become boring.
Find more techniques in Mastering Business Presentations
4. Don’t be afraid to have fun (at the appropriate moments). While demonstrating the iMac’s camera, Jobs made funny faces and poked fun at himself.
5. Plan a good ending. At the end of his presentations, Jobs sometimes introduces a new product or feature. He starts with his signature introduction “… And one more thing,” which tells listeners something dramatic is about to happen.
6. Rehearse. Jobs speaks to audiences as if he’s chatting with a friend. Such a relaxed style takes practice, and Jobs does that for hours before every major presentation.
7. Be relaxed but energetic and sincere. And don’t superfluously use superlatives.
No matter where or when you’re in the spotlight, count on the tactics in Mastering Business Presentations to keep you cool, clear and persuasive:
Chapter 1: Map Your Best Route
Chapter 2: Build Your Confidence
Chapter 3: Warm Up for a Cool Presentation
Chapter 4: Care for Your Voice
Chapter 5: Make It Snappy for Bigwigs
Chapter 6: Charm a Small Group
Chapter 7: Win Over Large Audiences
Yes, I want to shine in every spotlight!
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7789/sell-em-like-apples-7-presentation-tips-from-steve-jobs "