Cultivating personal, positive relationships with everyone makes life challenging. But since you never know when you’ll need someone’s support or help, it’s vital to your success.
A few of the people you should cultivate:
- Your manager’s manager (and even above that; the higher your acquaintances, the better).
- Your manager’s staff.
- Your manager’s family and friends.
- Administrative staff at higher and lower levels.
- Your administrative peers.
- Human resources/benefits managers and staff.
- Accounting managers and staff.
- People from other departments and other divisions.
- Clients and potential customers.
- Vendors (whether your company or organization currently is doing business with them or not).
- Salespeople (good relationships can lead to lower prices).
- Mail-room staff.
- Janitorial or maintenance staff.
It’s a long list, and you can probably think of many others. But the point is, says Inner Circle Assistant author Joan Burge: “The more people you know who, in turn, know you—as a good person, hard worker, advocate for their personal and professional lives and superconnector—the wider the web of support you create around you, and the stronger it becomes.”
During a setback, your web can be a lifesaver. And the rest of the time, you can feel more confident just knowing it’s there.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7765/are-you-using-superconnector-powers "