It’s always best to plan ahead. Here’s a list of useful Web sites in the event of a flu pandemic, which could knock out as much as 40 percent of the work force:
www.pandemicflu.gov. This is the federal government’s central Web site for information about a flu pandemic. The site includes a checklist for business preparations at www.pandemicflu.gov/plan/pdf/businesschecklist.pdf.
www.osha.gov/Publications/influenzapandemic.html. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration provides detailed guidance for employers, including ways to reduce employee exposure to a flu pandemic.
www.ready.gov/business/index.html. This Department of Homeland Security site offers more general advice on planning for emergencies, along with a sample emergency plan and checklists.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Death puts Marietta company on OSHA watch list
- Retaliation nation: Reacting to complaint? Zip it!
- ICE cools down S.D. eatery that hired undocumented workers
- Beware alternative to Title VII: There's another way to file for race discrimination