According to the 2007 Salary Guide, “These professionals have taken on expanded responsibilities, including managing other administrative employees, and communicating and negotiating with outside vendors and clients. They also frequently perform advanced tasks such as budgeting and project . And employers are compensating them accordingly.”
If you’re evaluating your career path, consider this:
Senior office/facilities managers will see the greatest increase in starting salaries of any administrative position in 2007, with base compensation expected to jump 8.2 percent between $37,500 and $52,000 annually. Expect average starting salaries for senior executive assistants to rise 6.5 percent this year, to between $39,000 and $54,750 annually.
Who else landed in the top five? They are Web developers, first-year legal associates, copywriters and internal auditors.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Conducting workplace investigations: A step-by-step guide
- Work from home? Rent to the company and salvage a tax benefit
- When promotions are on the line, follow your criteria and beware supervisor bias
- 7 steps to increase the use of voluntary benefits