Reader Christine A. Elliott of Hertz Farm
“Please answer the following grammar question for us:
Is it ‘Crop input prices have been raising rapidly’ or ‘Crop input prices have been rising rapidly’?”
Answer: You can raise something, like your hand or a child or even a price. For example, “I raise tomatoes in my yard” or “The store raised its prices again.”
But something rises, or moves upward, on its own, like hot air or the sun.
So, in the example above, the crop input prices are rising.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Bosses make hiring decision within 10 minutes
- Allergic worker or boss's dog: Who needs to go?
- Beware any change in working conditions after complaint
- Ever wonder what's on those trading floor notes?