- “Putting 10 dummies together into one room does not make one genius!”
- “I’m not half as mean as I’d like to be.”
- “Tell your wife she looks really hot driving that minivan.”
- “Terror is a great motivator!”
- “With so many able-bodied women around here, why am I getting my own coffee?”
- After firing someone: “Do you know anyone who might be interested in your job?”
- “I spend more on cigars in a day than you make!”
- “Don’t do what I do, just do what I say. I’m the boss. I can do whatever I want.”
- “Yes, there will be layoffs. Just don’t go running down the halls slitting your wrists yet.”
- “You are getting a hysterectomy just so you can have a vacation.”
- “Monkeys could do this job!”
One more eye-opener:
“My boss consistently says stuff that is …”
- Insane, 16.2 percent
- Insipid, 19.1 percent
- Insightful, 28.1 percent
- Insulting, 36.4 percent
— Adapted from “Workplace Best and Worst: Wrath of the Boss,” Bob Rosner, www.ABCnews.com.
- Is 'at-will' employment at risk in Colorado? Voters will decide
- Retaining Old Org Charts: Why … and for How Long?
- Handle application liars consistently: Reject all or none
- Can telling applicant he's 'overqualified' trigger a lawsuit?
- When it comes to discrimination lawsuits, the clock starts ticking with firing date