What ethical dilemma are you struggling with?
- What doesn’t feel right?
- What feelings does it bring up?
- What are the issues?
- Why do these issues trouble me?
- What are the facts?
What are my/my organization’s standards?
- Review my values.
- How do I usually resolve conflicts?
- What policies, practices or written code of ethics exist in the organization?
- What behaviors, values or decisions set those standards?
Develop a preliminary decision and analyze it.
- Why do I want to do something about this dilemma?
- Would the organization (or its customers or employees) want to do something about it?
- Does my method produce the desired result?
- Does this method meet my values?
- Does it meet my standards?
- Do I need more time to consider the best process/method to use?
- Who could provide counsel?
- Will this decision compromise any personal or professional standards?
- How will this decision or action affect me in the short and long terms?
- How will it affect others now and later?