What ethical dilemma are you struggling with?
- What doesn’t feel right?
- What feelings does it bring up?
- What are the issues?
- Why do these issues trouble me?
- What are the facts?
What are my/my organization’s standards?
- Review my values.
- How do I usually resolve conflicts?
- What policies, practices or written code of ethics exist in the organization?
- What behaviors, values or decisions set those standards?
Develop a preliminary decision and analyze it.
- Why do I want to do something about this dilemma?
- Would the organization (or its customers or employees) want to do something about it?
- Does my method produce the desired result?
- Does this method meet my values?
- Does it meet my standards?
- Do I need more time to consider the best process/method to use?
- Who could provide counsel?
- Will this decision compromise any personal or professional standards?
- How will this decision or action affect me in the short and long terms?
- How will it affect others now and later?
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7713/do-the-right-thing-step-by-step "