Without missing a beat, the chairman urged Cheyfitz to fire the guy right away.
“You can either manage hard or hire smart,” the board chairman explained.
Lots of people talk about the importance of hiring well, but no one ever has explained more succinctly what happens if you don’t.
— Adapted from Thinking Inside the Box: The 12 Timeless Rules for Managing a Successful Business, Kirk Cheyfitz, Free Press.
- Fired driver files suits over false-positive drug test
- Our applicant turns out to be a transgender—can we revoke the job offer?
- How to turn your top employees into your top recruiters
- Is it permissible to ask women about gaps in their employment histories?
- Review I-9s, even if Wal-Mart raid doesn't signify crackdown