Without missing a beat, the chairman urged Cheyfitz to fire the guy right away.
“You can either manage hard or hire smart,” the board chairman explained.
Lots of people talk about the importance of hiring well, but no one ever has explained more succinctly what happens if you don’t.
— Adapted from Thinking Inside the Box: The 12 Timeless Rules for Managing a Successful Business, Kirk Cheyfitz, Free Press.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7712/hire-smart-or-manage-hard "
- Alert low-Income workers to overlooked tax credits
- 'Same-actor' defense won't always work; establish unbiased reasons for firings
- Noncompete pacts in Texas: New ruling brings clarity … and questions
- Pros and cons of creating applicant 'blacklist'
- Former employee who sued applies for new job? Take extra care about who does the hiring