Without missing a beat, the chairman urged Cheyfitz to fire the guy right away.
“You can either manage hard or hire smart,” the board chairman explained.
Lots of people talk about the importance of hiring well, but no one ever has explained more succinctly what happens if you don’t.
— Adapted from Thinking Inside the Box: The 12 Timeless Rules for Managing a Successful Business, Kirk Cheyfitz, Free Press.
- Creating drug-free workplace: How to draft a policy, conduct legal tests
- Landscape changing for noncompete agreements in Texas
- Fraud alert: No shortcuts when hiring seasonal staff
- HR as mobsters: Supreme Court lets workers use organized-Crime law to sue their employers
- Gore employees use video to attract new workers