After a year, she had yet to sign a single client, so the company fired her.
She abused power and got what she deserved, right?
Not necessarily. Here’s another side to her story: Her “queen bee” style caused other executives to resent her and spread rumors about her. They blocked her ideas and might have brought her down.
The lesson: Strive to see your actions through the eyes of the other people in your organization.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- What do we need to do to hire an H-1B immigrant currently working for another employer?
- Can porn surfing be a 'disability'? Lessons from the IBM case
- Don't waste your online recruiting budget: Ask right questions to choose best job sites
- Google your way to recruiting 'passive' job-seekers