After a year, she had yet to sign a single client, so the company fired her.
She abused power and got what she deserved, right?
Not necessarily. Here’s another side to her story: Her “queen bee” style caused other executives to resent her and spread rumors about her. They blocked her ideas and might have brought her down.
The lesson: Strive to see your actions through the eyes of the other people in your organization.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Family ties: Discrimination trend ... and trap!
- Oral promise of long-term job will trump written at-will agreement
- Apply personal touch to firings; don't use e-mail
- Are background checks required in Illinois?