- Build a human resources department of true believers. Marine Corps recruiters are the “kingdom’s best knights.”
- Make the challenge of joining part of the appeal. If your team has the mystique of excellence, it’s not tough to demand hard work.
- Offer a “buddy system” so that new people can figure things out together.
- Use renewal contracts and bonuses to cut a career path.
- Introduce a “tour of duty” concept to cross-training and far-flung assignments.
- Don’t rush to “snag” a qualified candidate. You don’t want warm bodies; you want commitment.
- Place hiring and training under one senior manager.
- Make HR a rite of passage for your managers. They are the gatekeepers and they should represent the organization and its glorious history.
- Give HR all the tools to attract the best. The company that wants to be revered needs to make each recruit feel special.
- Keep HR actively participating in the employee’s career planning.
- After the “matchmaking,” make sure HR continues to care about employees’ well-being. When was the last time HR called just to see how you’re doing?
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7656/recruit-amp-retain-the-marine-way "