Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, from bottom to top:
- Food, water, warmth and life’s other basics.
- Safe surroundings.
- The desire to be accepted by a group and work as a team.
- Self-esteem. The confidence that comes from mastering work and being rewarded.
- Self-actualization. Creativity, high-level thinking, spiritual beliefs.
— Adapted from Maslow on , Abraham Maslow, Wiley.
- Employee announces she's pregnant? Say 'Congratulations!' … and nothing more
- Instant response to harassment complaint cuts liability risk
- What is the Employee Free Choice Act?
- 2011's biggest wage-and-hour issues--and what to do about them
- States settle deceptive-Practices lawsuit against Express Scripts