Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, from bottom to top:
- Food, water, warmth and life’s other basics.
- Safe surroundings.
- The desire to be accepted by a group and work as a team.
- Self-esteem. The confidence that comes from mastering work and being rewarded.
- Self-actualization. Creativity, high-level thinking, spiritual beliefs.
— Adapted from Maslow on , Abraham Maslow, Wiley.
- Can we deduct hourly FMLA leave for exempt staff?
- Be careful with doctor certifications: Union contract may trump FMLA rules
- Manager's Checkup: Do you ask employees the right questions?
- Play it straight: When employee's complaints become irrational, stick with sound procedures
- Is your employee discipline fair? A 5-question self-test