Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, from bottom to top:
- Food, water, warmth and life’s other basics.
- Safe surroundings.
- The desire to be accepted by a group and work as a team.
- Self-esteem. The confidence that comes from mastering work and being rewarded.
- Self-actualization. Creativity, high-level thinking, spiritual beliefs.
— Adapted from Maslow on , Abraham Maslow, Wiley.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Confronting poor performers: 6 tips for managers
- Micromanaging: 5 signs you're doing it; 4 ways to stop it
- Tide turns against employees who sue over stock-based retirement funds that lose money
- You can't hide behind your vendor! Before relying on tests, be sure they're valid