A professor at Columbia Business School found that when New York schoolteachers were mentored by a teacher who used to work in their school, they were more likely to return the following year. Less important: years of experience, subject taught, similar background.
Bottom line: Mentors can help make a job easier by offering location-specific advice.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7586/mentoring-program-or-retention-tool "
- Texas High Court rules arbitration agreements valid despite changing employment conditions
- The New Way to Build ROI on Employee Referrals
- Use last-chance agreements to force rule-breakers to either shape up or ship out
- Am I permitted to communicate directly with employees' medical professionals?
- EEOC sues Sonic for harassment