Q. I'm under the impression that our company is obligated to give employees all vacation accrued up to the time of their
A. You're absolutely right. Under the FMLA, ADA and workers' compensation laws, an employee is not entitled to accrue vacation days while on leave.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Team up for termination meetings; going solo could trigger lawsuit
- It's your right to demand good performance—even from employees who take FMLA leave
- Take a pay cut or leave: Is such a demand legal?
- Your dollars at risk: 6 ways to protect yourself from personal liability