Q. I'm under the impression that our company is obligated to give employees all vacation accrued up to the time of their
A. You're absolutely right. Under the FMLA, ADA and workers' compensation laws, an employee is not entitled to accrue vacation days while on leave.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Mandated sick leave: Coming to a state or city near you?
- ABA/DOL partnership: 'New sheriff' gets a deputy, which could trigger more FMLA, FLSA lawsuits
- You could personally pay for FMLA violations
- Unemployment: States tighten eligibility, cut benefits