Q We rarely post high-level
A. While there's no law that specifically requires that all vacant jobs be posted in a particular way, the failure to post vacancies internally opens the door to “glass ceiling” discrimination claims. This is especially true if your practice has resulted in a homogenous group of high-level managers. Bottom line: Cut the chances of lawsuits by regularly posting all job vacancies.
- Document all disciplinary actions, including why and when you decided to act
- Employees earn bonuses despite $12.7 billion in company losses
- When employee complains, you must investigate -- but you can insist on a civilized complaint
- Rebellion after dispute resolution? Discipline
- Make sure HR spending aligns with management goals