“Best advice” from other leaders:
- Southwest Airlines founder Herb Kelleher says his mother taught him that job titles mean nothing, that people should be respected and trusted as human beings.
“You don’t have to have a doctorate to have an idea,” says Kelleher.
- AMD CEO Hector Ruiz says former head of Motorola, Bob Galvin, told him that a good leader “knows he is doing a good job when he knows with certainty that he can say ‘Yes’ to anything his staff asks and feel totally confident that they will do the right thing.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Should you ask applicants about expunged criminal record?
- Have business justification for hiring rules that could cause disparate impact
- Dayton gets unlikely help from union when courts try to force settlement
- When applicant has more experience, be prepared to justify hiring someone else