“Best advice” from other leaders:
- Southwest Airlines founder Herb Kelleher says his mother taught him that job titles mean nothing, that people should be respected and trusted as human beings.
“You don’t have to have a doctorate to have an idea,” says Kelleher.
- AMD CEO Hector Ruiz says former head of Motorola, Bob Galvin, told him that a good leader “knows he is doing a good job when he knows with certainty that he can say ‘Yes’ to anything his staff asks and feel totally confident that they will do the right thing.”
- Plant owners—And managers—Charged with employing illegals
- Set clear, easy-to-use processes so employees know about all promotion opportunities
- It's not bias: Set cutoff date for receiving applications
- Can we hire contractors and later--if they work out--convert them into employees?
- Is our policy on criminal records legal?