- Humility. It’s often found in the most effective leaders, including Pope John Paul II and Abraham Lincoln.
- Integrity. Leaders in different industries and cultures can and do spar over the rules, but integrity is the bedrock characteristic of straight dealing. If you lose your integrity, you lose everything.
- Decisiveness. While consensus drives decision-making in certain quarters, most U.S. firms prize leaders’ ability to step up and make decisions, even if it’s deciding only when consensus has been reached and it’s time to act.
- Emotional toughness. The trick is being able to make difficult, emotional decisions without appearing cold-hearted or weak-kneed.
- Emotional resonance. This is the ability to grasp what motivates others and use it to inspire them into action.
- Adaptability. A pronounced characteristic of every leader in today’s global marketplace, adaptability is characterized chiefly by speed but also by innovation.
- Self-knowledge. This valuable trait will protect you from overreaching.
- Passion. Fortunately, this trait is prized and encouraged in American life. If you’re passionate about something, that’s where you’ll lead.
- Conviction. All leaders everywhere believe in what they’re doing.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7536/the-qualities-people-look-for-in-you "