That’s quite a feat for a man who was born in a remote village in India where his family made and sold shoes in its own shop.
Yet, Charan doesn’t consider his rise so surprising, because he relied on a universal set of practices his family’s business employed.
Here they are:
- Decide what products you’re going to provide.
- Know what raw materials to buy and how much to pay for them.
- Understand who your customers are, and find ways to bring them to your business.
- Decide what kind of atmosphere to provide in your business, and understand how to provide it.
- Put in long, long hours to make all these fundamentals work. Sounds basic, right?
Lesson: The most successful leaders, no matter how high they rise, always attune themselves to the basics.
— Adapted from What the CEO Wants You to Know:How Your Company Really Works, Ram Charan, Crown Business
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7534/dont-lose-sight-of-business-basics "