What does that mean for you? To thrive, business leaders need to assemble teams that reflect the markets they serve—or hope to serve—and that means hiring more Latinos and grooming them for leadership spots.
These tips can help:
- Convey that hiring for diversity is not only the right thing, it’s a business decision that will give your organization a competitive advantage.
- Encourage a welcoming culture that will retain Latino employees over the long run.
- Develop incentives for middle managers—who often resist hiring Latinos—to reward successful recruiting, retaining and promoting.
- Encourage the CEO and executives above you to express their commitment to diversity. That requires ongoing communication with top-level support staff in addition to retaining Latino managers and staffers.
- Remember that this isn’t a quickfix; it’s a long-term strategy.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7481/hire-smart-to-tap-new-markets "