And that’s why Cristian Mitreanu, lead researcher at RedefiningStrategy.com in Chicago, maintains that, instead of strategy, leaders need a long-term focus, especially in serving customers.
“It is the ongoing cultivation of that understanding,” Mitreanu writes, “based neither on specific competitors nor temporal objectives … is that from which all objectives should naturally flow.”
—Adapted from “Is strategy a bad word?” Cristian Mitreanu, MIT Sloan . Review
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Use encouraging, fair—and honest—appraisals when coaching newly promoted employees
- How to know when you're way too plugged in
- During union drive, don't unfairly target pro-Union employees
- Employee fired after registering complaint is now suing? You could be personally liable