And that’s why Cristian Mitreanu, lead researcher at RedefiningStrategy.com in Chicago, maintains that, instead of strategy, leaders need a long-term focus, especially in serving customers.
“It is the ongoing cultivation of that understanding,” Mitreanu writes, “based neither on specific competitors nor temporal objectives … is that from which all objectives should naturally flow.”
—Adapted from “Is strategy a bad word?” Cristian Mitreanu, MIT Sloan . Review
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7369/why-move-beyond-strategy "
- When you learn of possible harassment, investigate promptly, take fast action
- Employees can't sue under state's ERA if other laws cover employer
- Don't let petty grievances cost you sleep: They seldom cause discrimination liability
- Office Organizer: Small biz tips on file organizing, record retention and email management
- Internal moves: Not as easy as they look