And that’s why Cristian Mitreanu, lead researcher at RedefiningStrategy.com in Chicago, maintains that, instead of strategy, leaders need a long-term focus, especially in serving customers.
“It is the ongoing cultivation of that understanding,” Mitreanu writes, “based neither on specific competitors nor temporal objectives … is that from which all objectives should naturally flow.”
—Adapted from “Is strategy a bad word?” Cristian Mitreanu, MIT Sloan . Review
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7369/why-move-beyond-strategy "
- How to help employees understand the value of their benefits
- Fitness-for-duty exams: When can they be used?
- The new FMLA: 9 changes you must comply with
- How not to handle FMLA leave: Do what Chicago did to a seriously ill employee
- Complaining about working conditions—And public policy violations—Also protected