consultant Laurence Haughton offers this advice for turning ordinary groups into hot teams:
- Don’t become rule-bound. Rules, intended to streamline and safeguard work, can hamstring your operation when common sense calls for exceptions. Before setting rules, ask if they’re really needed.
- Don’t be mean. Embarrassing employees in front of the team will only come back to bite you. think they’re holding people accountable, but what they’re really doing is inciting payback.
- Show a little fondness. If you like your people and show it, they’ll enjoy helping you when crunch time comes.
- Listen. Make it one on one, as well as in groups. Listening helps you correct misinformation, relax barriers, increase trust and let people feel good about what they do for a living.
- Make it their mission. Even when a project is not terribly exciting, you can make the work more engaging. Creating roles for each person, for example, gives people a sense of being special.
- Let them decide. Allowing people to devise their own processes boosts morale. Just make sure those processes keep improving.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7354/hot-tactics-for-heating-up-your-team "