John C. Maxwell calls it the Law of the Edge, and it’s pretty powerful stuff. Here are some practical ways to make this law work:
- Dedicate yourself to Tight units don’t build themselves. Take care of your team, and it will take care of your dream. .
- Pay the price. It costs energy, money and time to build a team.
- Work and play together. Leaders know that you need to touch a heart before you ask for a hand. Make that connection.
- Empower team members. Turn over responsibility to them, which gives them the desire, and authority, which gives them the means.
- Give credit for success.
- Make sure the investment pays off. Effort doesn’t guarantee that the mission is accomplished. Keep tabs.
- Help them win. Never let a day go by without finding ways for your team to move ahead.