1. OSHA’s 20-page booklet, How to Plan for Workplace Emergencies and Evacuation. Go to www.osha.gov/Publications/osha3088.pdf.
2. The Department of Homeland Security offers free posters on physical security and computer security. Go to www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/distributable.html.
3. Download posters, brochures and checklists that help people and businesses prepare at www.ready.gov.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 7 tips for reducing your workers' comp costs
- Beware false promises in handbooks; explain 'what,' not 'why'
- Associate loses temper, job and now lawsuit against DLA Piper
- Follow all leads when investigating allegations--even if they take query in new direction