Here’s a baker’s dozen of the key that may be available to you at work. (This doesn’t include retirement plans, which are treated separately.)
For the most part, these bennies are tax-free, so long as your company doesn’t discriminate in favor of its highest-paid employees. In a few cases though, the company can restrict the benefits to a select few … even just yourself!
1. Health insurance. It’s the biggest benefit for many employees, but it’s often taken for granted. The premiums an employer pays under a health insurance plan are 100 percent tax-free to the employees and deductible by the employer. Similarly, employer reimbursements for medical expenses are generally tax-free to employees, as ar...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 ways to stay out of legal trouble while trimming staff
- Paterson: 'Shared Work' saved more than 10,000 jobs last year
- North Carolina Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act
- The changing face of the ADA: Complying with the new amendments