Here’s a baker’s dozen of the key that may be available to you at work. (This doesn’t include retirement plans, which are treated separately.)
For the most part, these bennies are tax-free, so long as your company doesn’t discriminate in favor of its highest-paid employees. In a few cases though, the company can restrict the benefits to a select few … even just yourself!
1. Health insurance. It’s the biggest benefit for many employees, but it’s often taken for granted. The premiums an employer pays under a health insurance plan are 100 percent tax-free to the employees and deductible by the employer. Similarly, employer reimbursements for medical expenses are generally tax-free to employees, as ar...(register to read more)
- Obama health plan would raise coverage, some employer costs
- How to counsel employees who have personal problems
- From reality TV to 'wellness ambassador' at medical lab firm
- Housing problems overtake child care as No. 1 EAP request
- 'You Won't Work Sundays?!' EEOC Offers Guidance on Religious Accommodations