Here’s a baker’s dozen of the key that may be available to you at work. (This doesn’t include retirement plans, which are treated separately.)
For the most part, these bennies are tax-free, so long as your company doesn’t discriminate in favor of its highest-paid employees. In a few cases though, the company can restrict the benefits to a select few … even just yourself!
1. Health insurance. It’s the biggest benefit for many employees, but it’s often taken for granted. The premiums an employer pays under a health insurance plan are 100 percent tax-free to the employees and deductible by the employer. Similarly, employer reimbursements for medical expenses are generally tax-free to employees, as ar...(register to read more)
- Slackers...Complainers...Chronically Tardy...Keep bad apples from spoiling your bunch
- After ARRA, how to handle gross misconduct and COBRA coverage
- Lost license, lost job? That means no unemployment
- Quicken Loans builds culture with freebies, CEO contact
- Handling layoffs with workers' comp claims pending