A. On the contrary. Although Congress didn’t extend several popular tax benefits—such as the tax credit for research and development (R&D) expenses, the jobs credit for hiring certain disadvantaged workers and the college tuition deduction—it will be tackling those issues again before the end of the year. It’s likely that Congress will reinstate those expired tax breaks retroactive to the beginning of 2006. Tip: At this writing, the chances appear slim that any significant estate reform will be enacted this year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Drug testing: Minimize lawsuit risk with smart policy
- Hiring to remain strong, but pay set for bigger bump
- 2011 salaries expected to remain the same -- Increase your income odds with 4 ongoing strategies
- Immigration compliance issues and changes to track in 2009