• LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Must you wait for a Roth conversion?

by on
in Small Business Tax,Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies

Q. I understand that Roth IRA conversions will be allowed soon. But my fiancé and I will each have less than $100,000 in income this year. Can I convert to a Roth for 2006? J.T., Madison, Wis.

A. Not likely. You won’t be able to convert funds in a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA if your combined adjusted gross income (AGI)—assuming that you’re marrying this year—for 2006 exceeds $100,000 (the same threshold for unmarried filers). It appears that you may have to wait until 2010, when the new tax law will allow anyone to roll over a traditional IRA into a Roth. (RR, 6/12/06) Of course, you can convert to a Roth in any year before 2010 if you can lower your joint AGI for that year to $100,000 or less.

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7212/must-you-wait-for-a-roth-conversion "

Leave a Comment