Fortunately, the double-taxation threat isn’t as dire as it seems. This Special Report features five tax-advantaged ways to pull cash out of your company—all perfectly legal!
Strategy 1: Fine-tune taxable income
Back in the day, it usually made sense to zero out your company’s taxable income for the year (i.e., reduce it to its lowest possible amount) via deductible payments for compensation and benefits provided to you. That way, you minimized the impact of double taxation.
Of course, any extra compensation received is subject to federal income tax at rates up to 35 percent, plus employment taxes. (For 2006, yo...(register to read more)
- Real estate job losses to further weaken state economy
- Rites of spring: The hidden dangers of hiring unpaid interns
- Beware hazards when calculating N.C. unemployment insurance tax
- Incentive pay hours don't count toward the 1,250 hours required for FMLA leave
- 4 ways to improve your disability-management program