That’s why it’s important to identify those watershed decisions, and then put yourself in the right frame of mind.
You can’t make a sound decision when you’re juggling lots of activities at the same time, says innovation consultant Luda Kopeikina in Sloan . Review
Instead, you need to reach the same kind of “clarity state” that top athletes reach in competition.
To get there, these four factors should be working for you:
1. You’re sure of your data’s quality and confident that you’re thinking about the problem in the right way. Make sure others working on the decision are aligned in their thinking and goals.
2. You’re accountable for your decision.
3. You ask the right questions and judge new ideas within the context of the goal you have in mind.
4. You’re brave enough to consider all new ideas and options, regardless of the perceived risk. Then, once you’ve decided, you have the courage to carry out the decision.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7182/clear-your-head-before-making-big-decisions "
- Investigate and—if appropriate—punish fast following claims of hostile work environment
- Suggestion box winners: Beer, bikinis … and then maybe a nap
- To what extent can we use electronic systems to store I-9s and other personnel documents?
- You can suggest FMLA leave without triggering ADA liability
- What are the new FMLA military leave protections?