State tax credit or deduction more generous than federal deduction: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
State tax deduction same as federal: Arkansas, California, Delaware, D.C., Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont.
No state tax incentives: Connecticut, Louisiana, Michigan and Pennsylvania.
No broad-based state income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Buy the old folks' home, lease it back
- How should we calculate OT when paying bonuses based on previous performance?
- Spouses running a business: Consider treating it as a 'qualified joint venture'
- Relying on law enforcement exemption? Be prepared to show volunteers meet the test