Fill out Form SS-8 (Determination of Worker Status) and send it to the IRS. You can obtain the form at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fss8.pdf.
Put your best foot forward. If you show that you exert a great degree of control over the worker, he or she is likely to be labeled as an employee. But the odds are in your favor if you have little or no control over the worker’s duties.
Tip: Workers can also file Form SS-8 on their own behalf. For workers, it may be more beneficial to be classified as an employee to receive
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7171/need-help-making-the-decision-ask-the-irs "
- How losing 100 pounds sent one employee over the edge (and other wellness best practices)
- Employee handbooks 101: 7 essentials
- HR certification: Worth it? If so, which one to pursue?
- Offer reasonable religious accommodations—and then insist that workers follow them
- 12 tips to help employees handle the stress of tough times