Between Sept. 11, 2001, and May 7, 2002, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) received 497 job-bias complaints on the basis of Muslim religion. That's compared with 193 complaints over the same period the year before.
To help solve the problem, the EEOC has developed two new fact sheets: one for employers and one for employees. They give advice on how to handle specific situations concerning hiring, firing, harassment, religious accommodation, temp assignments and.
Read the new fact sheet for employers at www.eeoc.gov/facts/ backlash-employer.html.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Are we required to grant a former employee access to his personnel records?
- Use promotion committeeâ€”minus offending bossâ€”to correct possible past discrimination
- College complaint alleges bizarre pattern of retaliation
- Talent-based interviewing: The 5 best questions