Form 1040 changes
Head of household (Line 4). A new definition of a “qualifying child” applies to head-of-household status. See the rules for dependency exemptions claimed on Line 6c of Form 1040.
Qualifying widow(er) with dependent child (Line 5). A foster child no longer is a qualifying child for this purpose.
Dependents (Line 6c). You can claim dependency exemptions for those who meet the definition of a “qualifying child” or a “qualifying relative.” To claim a foster child as a qualifying child, he or she must be placed with you by an authorized placement agency or by a court order....(register to read more)
- DOL: Hawkins barked up wrong tree with contractors
- Employees filed job-discrimination complaints with EEOC in near-record numbers last year
- Beware new grounds for wrongful-firing suits: Termination in violation of public policy
- Courts more reluctant to extend employee deadlines for filing lawsuits
- Independent Contractors: The Legal Boundaries