In the same year, 25.3 million individuals claimed deductions totaling $43.4 billion for noncash charitable contributions. Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions, must be filed for donations of property exceeding $500. For 2004, 6.6 million individuals, representing more than 25% of those reporting noncash charitable gifts, filed Form 8283. Those individual filers claimed noncash contributions of almost $37.2 billion, about 86% of all noncash contributions.
- Independent Contractors: The Legal Boundaries
- Contractor or employee? New IRS audits turn up heat on worker misclassification
- Are you buying a new car or renewing your registration for an old one?
- Congress plays rough: Fight the new expansion of 'kiddie tax' law
- Overnight stays: Find tax room at the local inn