• LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

When To Pass Up Sec. 179 Tax Break

by on
in Small Business Tax,Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies

Q  I quit my job this year and started a sole proprietorship. It’s going well, but the business will show a loss in 2007. Can I deduct business assets I bought against my salary under Section 179? E.P., Houston

A  Yes. The Sec. 179 deduction may offset taxable income from all your business activities. The maximum deduction for 2007 is $125,000. But you might choose instead to write off business assets over time through regular depreciation deductions. Reason: The prolonged deductions can offset taxable income and self-employment tax in future years when your business begins to turn a profit.

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7089/when-to-pass-up-sec-179-tax-break "

Leave a Comment