It seems like a rite of spring: Mutual fund companies and other financial institutions distribute inaccurate Form 1099s to shareholders. When errors are discovered, the institutions mail corrected forms. In the meantime, you’ve filed your return with the wrong numbers.
Strategy: Wait to file your return for another few weeks. By April 1, you should be in the clear.
Naturally, it’s a hassle if you have to rerun your numbers because of corrected Form 1099s. But at least you won’t have to file an amended return.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Attempted suicide: Grounds for dismissal or proof of disability?
- Supreme Court: Title VII deadline clock resets with each new biased decision
- Injury while commuting to swapped shift? That doesn't warrant workers' comp
- Teach bosses right way to handle doctor notes