It seems like a rite of spring: Mutual fund companies and other financial institutions distribute inaccurate Form 1099s to shareholders. When errors are discovered, the institutions mail corrected forms. In the meantime, you’ve filed your return with the wrong numbers.
Strategy: Wait to file your return for another few weeks. By April 1, you should be in the clear.
Naturally, it’s a hassle if you have to rerun your numbers because of corrected Form 1099s. But at least you won’t have to file an amended return.
- Firing a troublemaker? Focus on concrete business reasons
- Who is responsible for temp's claim for workers' comp benefits?
- NLRB to decide: Are Facebook posts protected discussions?
- Don't tolerate threats, even if they occur during conversation about possible discrimination
- NLRB slaps $1.3 million penalty on Wilshire Plaza