It seems like a rite of spring: Mutual fund companies and other financial institutions distribute inaccurate Form 1099s to shareholders. When errors are discovered, the institutions mail corrected forms. In the meantime, you’ve filed your return with the wrong numbers.
Strategy: Wait to file your return for another few weeks. By April 1, you should be in the clear.
Naturally, it’s a hassle if you have to rerun your numbers because of corrected Form 1099s. But at least you won’t have to file an amended return.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Supreme Court: No pay for security screening time
- Know your union posting requirements under Executive Order 13496
- Texas employers: Getting bias cases into federal court just got a little easier
- Can individual employees be liable for FMLA violations? 4th Circuit may decide