It seems like a rite of spring: Mutual fund companies and other financial institutions distribute inaccurate Form 1099s to shareholders. When errors are discovered, the institutions mail corrected forms. In the meantime, you’ve filed your return with the wrong numbers.
Strategy: Wait to file your return for another few weeks. By April 1, you should be in the clear.
Naturally, it’s a hassle if you have to rerun your numbers because of corrected Form 1099s. But at least you won’t have to file an amended return.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7077/receiving-1099s-dont-spring-just-yet "
- State Attorney General seeks workers' comp records for prison
- Employee returning from FMLA leave? Don't demand heroic catch-up
- 'Possibility' of serious illness triggers FMLA protection
- New economic stimulus law will find HR working closely with accounting
- Dubious request for ADA accommodation? Be prepared to document rationale for denial