It seems like a rite of spring: Mutual fund companies and other financial institutions distribute inaccurate Form 1099s to shareholders. When errors are discovered, the institutions mail corrected forms. In the meantime, you’ve filed your return with the wrong numbers.
Strategy: Wait to file your return for another few weeks. By April 1, you should be in the clear.
Naturally, it’s a hassle if you have to rerun your numbers because of corrected Form 1099s. But at least you won’t have to file an amended return.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can law enforcement agencies prohibit uniformed officers from wearing religious garb?
- Spirit of anti-Harassment policy more important than details
- Could nonexempts' use of smartphones cause wage-and-hour liability?
- Complying with the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act