It seems like a rite of spring: Mutual fund companies and other financial institutions distribute inaccurate Form 1099s to shareholders. When errors are discovered, the institutions mail corrected forms. In the meantime, you’ve filed your return with the wrong numbers.
Strategy: Wait to file your return for another few weeks. By April 1, you should be in the clear.
Naturally, it’s a hassle if you have to rerun your numbers because of corrected Form 1099s. But at least you won’t have to file an amended return.
- Step up to a new high-stakes HR role: Stamping out conspiracies to discriminate
- Disabled former employees can't recover benefits under ADA unless they seek rehire
- It's baaaaack .... NLRB revives 'quickie union election' rule
- Nursing mom protected from discrimination? Maybe
- Thorough investigation is key to defending firing