How can you cut operating expenses down to size? Using more independent contractors might be the answer. But you can’t simply label workers as “independent contractors” when it suits your needs. Stick to your guns for legit arrangements. In a pinch, you might rely on “Section 530 relief” to bail you out.
- Age-based remark can spark lawsuit, even when made by older manager
- Health premiums up 4% this year; forecast to rise 7% in 2013
- ADA: Use these criteria to keep courts from second-guessing job's 'essential functions'
- Go ahead and discipline, even when considering FMLA leave
- What's the law on surreptitious audiotaping?