Traveling on business? Take along at least two credit cards. Use one for business expenses and the other for personal charges. That way, if the IRS challenges your deductions, you can show that you didn’t try to write off the entire trip. Also, it will ease your recordkeeping for tax return purposes.
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- How brief a time increment must we use when granting FMLA intermittent leave?
- When employee keeps our property, can we deduct from the last paycheck?
- Jump-start charitable tax deductions for donated vehicles
- Make the independent contractor vs. employee decision before you bring person on board