1. Speed up equipment write-offs. Under of the tax code,you can elect to “expense,” or currently deduct, up to $125,000 of equipment costs and other business assets placed in service in 2007. The limit was increased from $112,000 by the small business law enacted last year. (It increases to $128,000 for 2008.)
The can eliminate a multitude of sins. For instance, depreciation deductions under the Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) are generally reduced if the cost of the assets placed in service during the last quarter—Oct. 1 through Dec. 31—exceeds 40% of the cost of the assets placed in service for the whole year. But assets e...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Chrysler hopefuls connect via revamped career site
- Even if jobs seem quite similar, feel free to use different hiring criteria
- Interns fighting back: Must you pay them?
- Use job skills test before hiring to make sure applicant is qualified