The IRS has announced it will renew its approval process for companies wanting to switch from traditional pension plans to cash-balance plans. (IRS Notice 2007-6)
Under the Pension Protection Act of 2006, plans created after June 29, 2005, generally won’t be considered discriminatory against older workers if benefit accruals will continue after the switch. But the new law doesn’t provide absolute insulation from employee lawsuits. The IRS announcement ends an eight-year hiatus for application approvals.
- Hey, boss, you'd better call HR! Warn managers: Don't fix complaints informally
- Hey, boss, you better call HR! Warn managers against trying to resolve complaints informally
- Michigan's Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act
- As Same-Sex Unions Spread, So Do Job Protections
- Is your company at risk for a lawsuit over SARS?