The IRS has announced it will renew its approval process for companies wanting to switch from traditional pension plans to cash-balance plans. (IRS Notice 2007-6)
Under the Pension Protection Act of 2006, plans created after June 29, 2005, generally won’t be considered discriminatory against older workers if benefit accruals will continue after the switch. But the new law doesn’t provide absolute insulation from employee lawsuits. The IRS announcement ends an eight-year hiatus for application approvals.
- Don't waste money buying government forms or posters
- Lessons from LEAP -- Narrated by Moderator Joe Beachboard
- U.S. Department of Labor approves Illinois' OSHA plan
- Good news: Court rules employee suit frivolous--Bad news: You probably won't recover legal fees
- When the EEOC is on the prowl, it may be time to consider settling