The IRS has announced it will renew its approval process for companies wanting to switch from traditional pension plans to cash-balance plans. (IRS Notice 2007-6)
Under the Pension Protection Act of 2006, plans created after June 29, 2005, generally won’t be considered discriminatory against older workers if benefit accruals will continue after the switch. But the new law doesn’t provide absolute insulation from employee lawsuits. The IRS announcement ends an eight-year hiatus for application approvals.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Feds dig for dirt on SoCal landscaper pay compliance
- OK to punish employees for disruptive acts--even if done in the context of protesting bias
- Webinar Wisdom: Wage & Hour Law 2014 - Employee Classification Workshop & New Overtime Rules
- Recession playing havoc with FLSA exemptions