Watch out for deductions that fall through the cracks. Here’s a list of out-of-the-ordinary deductible business expenses you might overlook:
- Advertising and promotion expenses.
- Alarm system for business items kept at home.
- Audio, videotapes and DVDs enhancing business skills.
- Bad business debts (to the extent they are worthless).
- Bank service charges.
- Beverage and snack services.
- Business interruption insurance.
- Commissions to salespeople.
- Computer software used for business.
- Consulting fees.
- Credit bureau fees.
- Gifts to business clients (limited to $25 per recipient).
- Home entertainment expenses for business-related entertainment.
- Internet service-provider fees.
- Legal fees (including related administrative costs).
- Long-distance business calls.
- Office supplies.
- Online computer services (business-related).
- Pagers and beepers.
- Passports for business use.
- Petty cash expenditures.
- Postage, delivery and freight charges.
- Professional association dues.
- Property and casualty insurance.
- Refresher courses for your current job.
- Repairs of business equipment.
- Seminars and trade shows.
- Subscriptions relating to your business.
- Taxicab and bus fares.
- Telephone line for business at home.
- Travel incidentals (laundry, airport shuttles, tips, etc.).
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/7035/dont-leave-these-deductions-on-the-table "